Thursday, March 1, 2012

1st of March

Hi dears !!
Today is the first day of march - the begging of spring - and I'm thrilled cuz it means is Martisor's day

Martisor is a traditional celebration of the beginning of spring in my country, the day name is a diminutive of March (in Romanian - Martie) 

Nowadays men offer women a small decorative object (called as well Martisor) tied to a red and white string, this is the symbol of spring and woman wears it pinned to her blouse or as a bracelet till the 8th of March


Enjoy this lovely traditional video


Have a great spring and a lovely day,
love
Mishuella

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that spring has arrived. I love the idea of Martisor's day. In my house our only spring tradition is spring cleaning :-/ But I'm happy I'll soon get to wear my summer dresses again :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Spring sweetheart! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete